On the 01 September the PCO Alliance in partnership with the SA Events Council, Event Safety Alliance and various superb venues around the country, successfully undertook a Proof of Safety Concept Conference to demonstrate to corporates and SA Business that the business events sector is ready to re-open in South Africa. The venues that generously sponsored these events were the Focus Rooms, The Capital Hotel Group and Cape Town International Convention Centre. They all adopted the SA Event Council Safety Guidelines, which were drafted during lockdown by the Event Safety Council.
The Focus Rooms was the main hub where the event was streamed to all the other venues. It was an impressive example of how a multi-venue, hybrid event can take place moving forward.
Delegates were treated to a highly informative and entertaining morning. Mike Lord, Covid-19 event safety expert from Event Safety Alliance spoke on how to host safe and responsible events and reignite business events. Siphiwe Moyo – Organisational Behaviourist, Speaker, Facilitator & Business School Lecturer was the guest speaker and Duane Rockwell delivered an entertaining Game Show.
Other entertainment at the various venues were:
- Musicians entertained on arrival at the Focus Rooms
- Kristel Birkholtz entertained on arrival at Capital on Park with MC/Comedian Farai Malenga, and Blue Naartjie Events did a post lunch team building
- Jacques Lagesse provided arrival entertainment at Capital Menlyn and the MC was Hector Motau Christina Rodriquez & Team were the after lunch entertainment
- Capital Pearls Umhlanga’s entertainment was provided by the School of Arts
- Cape Town International Conference Centre entertainment was by Elton, and the MC was Ernest van Sitter. Alan Committie provided a comedic performance after lunch
Robyn D’Allesandro, SA Events Council social media specialist says –
The PCO Alliance’s Reigniting your Business was an event not to be missed! “All the entertainers/performers, suppliers and venues contributed their services to build confidence so that we can all get back to business,“ said Ellen Oosthuizen, Chairperson of PCO Alliance Network. “We are committed to rebuilding the events industry and I am confident that we can safely host corporate events once again.”